Hudson Hall photo from 1964 A recent photo of Hudson Hall on a sunny day with students in shadow walking across the foreground
Then and Now

Hudson Hall

Easily identifiable along Science Drive by its round portico, Hudson Hall was built in 1948. For many years it was known as “Old Red.” Greatly expanded with two annexes, the building was renamed for Fitzgerald S. “Jerry” Hudson, a 1946 graduate and and former chairman of the Board of Trustees. Hudson Hall contains classrooms, the James L. Vincent Lecture Hall, and laboratories. It’s home to three of the Pratt School of Engineering’s four departments: Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science.